Skip to main content

Thoughts of a toddler

I am a toddler
Nothing I know matters
Only my tears, whether crocodile or human, has influence
And I will cry my lungs out until my wish is granted 
That's their command
My heart will passionately be on standby, just in case I need reinforcement
At least, it will cleanse my system and keep me healthy
I am a toddler with giant steps

It will not take long for me to arrive safely into adulthood
I can't skip my teenage years either
If I get the chance, I will only catch a glimpse of my teen days and return to being a toddler

So to my kinsmen, kindly prepare your speeches
I can sense only the title has a pleasant feeling
The rest are bitter pills but I am not sick too
I don't want to choke
Please don't proceed with those long speeches about life 


I know that when I grow up I'll swallow the pills anyway
But I am nurturing my courage 
I am making attempts to stand on those tender feet
They will be as fit as a fiddle 
And that will lead me on
I'll encounter the good, the bad and the ugly
But I am going to keep walking…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tattered Dreams

They played the part yet plot the pact. Instead of repair, they lead in the shadow to rip the earth; Our gods are not to blame but them. They have betrayed our ancestors, Posterity can wait no longer. Arriving from yonder, they have come to judge our every move, To the letter in every decision backing our move. Dear Mother, my honour is stained and tattered! To where has my father departed? It seems our collective dream has shattered, The pieces pierced our feet and bruised our skin. My siblings' wail but the elders make merry. Our village is lurking around wealth, But our daily bread is locked up in the vault. We dread treading the path to revolt, And gathering momentum outgrow our ill-health. This is not the future we dreamed of. Our dreams, precious like the mineral that has taken our place now. The elders paraded the corners of my street with pseudo promises. We’d believed for a moment but our springs quickly dried up, And they silently masterminded the raid to rip our homes...

International Movement of Catholic Students (IMCS) PAX ROMANA,Ghana Federation

Giving the giver that gives you peace and love from the bosom of the size-less heart all the praise  We are matching up to the ends of the earth to make sure that our task of discipleship really goes aboard; this is the title of our hymn “LIBERATION FOR PEACE”    The Holy Spirit knows boundaries; he cannot be limited in his own jurisdiction. So moving on to proclaim that which we have been taught by the teacher, we shall spearhead the action and affirm someday to come “THAT CHRIST MAY BE IN ALL” Not forgetting to promote the student Apostolate among students in higher education, in the Church’s mission and in the world; we came into existence to continue preaching and teaching the word that have life in itself to manifest wonderful and marvelous things according to the Will of the creator, Our Father... Moreover we recognize and work with all concerned men and women for joint action and reflection leading to a more just and equitable social order a...

Being the Victor

Facilitating a training session on  "How to benefit from Digital media as students and the need to promote PEACE as young people" My life is victory personified. My dad believes in winning against all odds. My mum always has her hopes up high and ready to accommodate the aroma of victory from the heavens. My sisters know that tomorrow is never promised until you win today. It means that each of us has our very own battles to win daily. We consolidate our little victories. Thus, the family defines what it means to live while knowing that grace is sufficient for us.  Till we succeed, we shall continue to persist through perseverance with our mustard faith.  We are not superhumans; we are the family and together we achieve a lot. In our peculiarities, we strive to communion in this journey while supporting each other. Reaffirming that in our weakest moments, we have ourselves. Yes, we are the family. Life, as it unfolds, has many facets to it. I am planning to tell my D...