Skip to main content

Pray

He told me to pray:
For it is good that you pray.

You're a child of God.

You believe in the goodness of the Lord.

Praying helps you to get closer, stay in His presence and love God more.

He's got you covered all through your life 
And leads you on the path of righteousness 
To ensure that all His promises for your life are fulfilled.
 
Also, it helps you to remember the Lord in the days of your youth 
So that when you grow up, you will not regret not knowing him.

When I pray every day and read my bible, I will grow.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tattered Dreams

They played the part yet plot the pact. Instead of repair, they lead in the shadow to rip the earth; Our gods are not to blame but them. They have betrayed our ancestors, Posterity can wait no longer. Arriving from yonder, they have come to judge our every move, To the letter in every decision backing our move. Dear Mother, my honour is stained and tattered! To where has my father departed? It seems our collective dream has shattered, The pieces pierced our feet and bruised our skin. My siblings' wail but the elders make merry. Our village is lurking around wealth, But our daily bread is locked up in the vault. We dread treading the path to revolt, And gathering momentum outgrow our ill-health. This is not the future we dreamed of. Our dreams, precious like the mineral that has taken our place now. The elders paraded the corners of my street with pseudo promises. We’d believed for a moment but our springs quickly dried up, And they silently masterminded the raid to rip our homes...

Being the Victor

Facilitating a training session on  "How to benefit from Digital media as students and the need to promote PEACE as young people" My life is victory personified. My dad believes in winning against all odds. My mum always has her hopes up high and ready to accommodate the aroma of victory from the heavens. My sisters know that tomorrow is never promised until you win today. It means that each of us has our very own battles to win daily. We consolidate our little victories. Thus, the family defines what it means to live while knowing that grace is sufficient for us.  Till we succeed, we shall continue to persist through perseverance with our mustard faith.  We are not superhumans; we are the family and together we achieve a lot. In our peculiarities, we strive to communion in this journey while supporting each other. Reaffirming that in our weakest moments, we have ourselves. Yes, we are the family. Life, as it unfolds, has many facets to it. I am planning to tell my D...

Sunset, YES!

Sunset view from the Livingstone Park in Zambia One of my favourite moments in life is seeing the sun set in its rightful place. Oh, the joy that brews in my heart is incomprehensible  I get teary anytime I miss that moment  It is so precious Words are insufficient when talking about the setting of the Sun I feel the goosebumps especially when I believe I am on that seashore The sight of the big reddish-orange ball hanging in the sky as it flashes its sparkling rays over the wavy sea is just soothing But in my village, I smell the hope that comes with the dusk And that’s the beauty of twilight  I believe it is evidence of the Lord’s goodness The calmness it brings is therapeutic  It gives me a sense of assurance that tomorrow is a treasure vault  A wise man always whispers to me, aspire for greatness In recurrence, you will rise and set You're the son of the Sun Captured through a bus window while I was crossing from Zambia t...