Skip to main content

Let's Relegate Poverty

I have made it to the end of today because I had life support; 

not just breath but something to eat and drink. 

What is it worth if half the world have been poverty-striken? 

You have had your three square meal

 and what about those who are not near your lane

You can do something 

share a part of your  daily bread

I know you can give anything to patch the tattered world

Help eradicate poverty within your society 

remember that everybody needs somebody

just as anybody can one day be someday they never thought of 

take that step, stretch your hand forth to save a life

become a blessing in someone's life 

for they are the carriers of your blessings

listen closely to their cry 

let your fingers wipe their tears

help them wear a smile

and you will smile to

for it is in giving that you will receive

go forth and change the world around you

be the source of love and light in their world

they appreciate the smallest of your actions

it is the meaning to them that matters 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tattered Dreams

They played the part yet plot the pact. Instead of repair, they lead in the shadow to rip the earth; Our gods are not to blame but them. They have betrayed our ancestors, Posterity can wait no longer. Arriving from yonder, they have come to judge our every move, To the letter in every decision backing our move. Dear Mother, my honour is stained and tattered! To where has my father departed? It seems our collective dream has shattered, The pieces pierced our feet and bruised our skin. My siblings' wail but the elders make merry. Our village is lurking around wealth, But our daily bread is locked up in the vault. We dread treading the path to revolt, And gathering momentum outgrow our ill-health. This is not the future we dreamed of. Our dreams, precious like the mineral that has taken our place now. The elders paraded the corners of my street with pseudo promises. We’d believed for a moment but our springs quickly dried up, And they silently masterminded the raid to rip our homes...

Being the Victor

Facilitating a training session on  "How to benefit from Digital media as students and the need to promote PEACE as young people" My life is victory personified. My dad believes in winning against all odds. My mum always has her hopes up high and ready to accommodate the aroma of victory from the heavens. My sisters know that tomorrow is never promised until you win today. It means that each of us has our very own battles to win daily. We consolidate our little victories. Thus, the family defines what it means to live while knowing that grace is sufficient for us.  Till we succeed, we shall continue to persist through perseverance with our mustard faith.  We are not superhumans; we are the family and together we achieve a lot. In our peculiarities, we strive to communion in this journey while supporting each other. Reaffirming that in our weakest moments, we have ourselves. Yes, we are the family. Life, as it unfolds, has many facets to it. I am planning to tell my D...

Sunset, YES!

Sunset view from the Livingstone Park in Zambia One of my favourite moments in life is seeing the sun set in its rightful place. Oh, the joy that brews in my heart is incomprehensible  I get teary anytime I miss that moment  It is so precious Words are insufficient when talking about the setting of the Sun I feel the goosebumps especially when I believe I am on that seashore The sight of the big reddish-orange ball hanging in the sky as it flashes its sparkling rays over the wavy sea is just soothing But in my village, I smell the hope that comes with the dusk And that’s the beauty of twilight  I believe it is evidence of the Lord’s goodness The calmness it brings is therapeutic  It gives me a sense of assurance that tomorrow is a treasure vault  A wise man always whispers to me, aspire for greatness In recurrence, you will rise and set You're the son of the Sun Captured through a bus window while I was crossing from Zambia t...