Skip to main content

Misbirth

Delicate and innocent being I was, hoping to bathe in the sunlight
But my hopeful story to dwell in their existence came to an unsuspected conclusion
I bet there were and are many of mine kind whose dream to live never budded
As I thought, “why should we be side-lined without a second thought?”
I wondered if they had steam evaporating from their frozen hearts
Or they had mercury running to and fro their veins
Their decisions lack a definite form; it is nebulous

Society has coincidentally transfigured her ‘My mother to have been’ into a disguised monstrous being
Mentally, she has been shuttered beyond and I am broken in the future tense
As they invade our future to atone for their unscrupulous acts to prove their findings
To the extent that even the blind see the beauty in life then they can closely imagine
As precious pearls we are; they crush us beyond recognition
And flush our remains secretly to God knows where
They violate the belief that ‘life is a continuum with no discernible starting point’

"My mother to have been" recalls that her faith condones and connives not with her action
For one of mine, kind equates to a promising generation yet to surface the earth
But then who would be rescuing mine kind from such pain of terror?
For the order of mine, generations are altered per the expressions of injustice
Based on the rigid social class’ discrimination and victimization
Time and over again, her conscience keeps on raging war against her
And playing flashbacks to remind her of fate with or without me

But what can the alternate be…is there really an option?
They think of how to flee from their troubles
And finds themselves in an unscripted complicated epic
However, the harsh economic and social conditions,
The ever-changing technological trends and dynamic religions
They nurture and foster this fatal and horrific accident
Meanwhile, society keeps on brainstorming
Deciding who to live or die

Let’s hope for the better upshot to birth an unperturbed generation of angels
We desire to love with our whole being unconditionally


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tattered Dreams

They played the part yet plot the pact. Instead of repair, they lead in the shadow to rip the earth; Our gods are not to blame but them. They have betrayed our ancestors, Posterity can wait no longer. Arriving from yonder, they have come to judge our every move, To the letter in every decision backing our move. Dear Mother, my honour is stained and tattered! To where has my father departed? It seems our collective dream has shattered, The pieces pierced our feet and bruised our skin. My siblings' wail but the elders make merry. Our village is lurking around wealth, But our daily bread is locked up in the vault. We dread treading the path to revolt, And gathering momentum outgrow our ill-health. This is not the future we dreamed of. Our dreams, precious like the mineral that has taken our place now. The elders paraded the corners of my street with pseudo promises. We’d believed for a moment but our springs quickly dried up, And they silently masterminded the raid to rip our homes...

Being the Victor

Facilitating a training session on  "How to benefit from Digital media as students and the need to promote PEACE as young people" My life is victory personified. My dad believes in winning against all odds. My mum always has her hopes up high and ready to accommodate the aroma of victory from the heavens. My sisters know that tomorrow is never promised until you win today. It means that each of us has our very own battles to win daily. We consolidate our little victories. Thus, the family defines what it means to live while knowing that grace is sufficient for us.  Till we succeed, we shall continue to persist through perseverance with our mustard faith.  We are not superhumans; we are the family and together we achieve a lot. In our peculiarities, we strive to communion in this journey while supporting each other. Reaffirming that in our weakest moments, we have ourselves. Yes, we are the family. Life, as it unfolds, has many facets to it. I am planning to tell my D...

Sunset, YES!

Sunset view from the Livingstone Park in Zambia One of my favourite moments in life is seeing the sun set in its rightful place. Oh, the joy that brews in my heart is incomprehensible  I get teary anytime I miss that moment  It is so precious Words are insufficient when talking about the setting of the Sun I feel the goosebumps especially when I believe I am on that seashore The sight of the big reddish-orange ball hanging in the sky as it flashes its sparkling rays over the wavy sea is just soothing But in my village, I smell the hope that comes with the dusk And that’s the beauty of twilight  I believe it is evidence of the Lord’s goodness The calmness it brings is therapeutic  It gives me a sense of assurance that tomorrow is a treasure vault  A wise man always whispers to me, aspire for greatness In recurrence, you will rise and set You're the son of the Sun Captured through a bus window while I was crossing from Zambia t...